From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About ebuild license
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 04:13:24
1 On Wednesday 05 June 2002 12:08, Francisco Gimeno wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I was wondering about the license of the ebuilds. So, when I'm making
5 > ebuild, I want to reuse what I have read in others ebuilds.
6 > I have no read nothing about it, so I don't know that I'm not making bad
7 > things.
8 >
9 > So, the question is: What is the license of a gentoo in .ebuild ?
10 > When I summited some ebuilds, I was never asked for distributing my ebuild.
11 >
12 > Where can I read more about ->gentoo pieces<- licenses
15 The gentoo ebuilds (actually all gentoo) are licenced unther the GPL.
16 For ebuilds this can be seen at the top of every ebuild
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Junior Researcher