From: Naresh Donti <ndonti@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] general question - environment variables
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:57:41
1 profile.d I beleive is deprecated. Files in env.d are parsed by env-update to
2 produce /etc/profile.env.
3
4 Look at the files in env.d and profile.env to see how it works.
7 On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 05:53:10PM +0100, BoehmeSilvio wrote:
8 > I'm looking for the right place to set some environment vars.
9 > ( especially for LANG, LC_LANG )
10 >
11 > Sebastian Werner told me to put it in
12 >
13 > 1. /etc/profile
14 >
15 > or
16 >
17 > 2. /etc/profile.d
18 >
19 > Ok, 1. solutuion works fine.
20 > But i like to understand the concept of
21 > /etc/profile.d
22 > and
23 > /etc/env.d
24 >
25 > /etc/profile.d is empty on my machine, so maybe it's outdated ?
28 > Thanks
30 > gentoo-dev mailing list
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o