From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Docker 1.0.0 masked for no known reason?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 03:46:28
1 On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 05:17:36AM +0200, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 19:58:22 -0700
3 > Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi Markos,
6 > >
7 > > I was wondering why docker 1.0.0 wasn't seeming to get updated on my
8 > > boxes recently, despite me commiting the update to the cvs tree, and
9 > > Tianon noticed that it was masked at the moment:
10 > >
11 > > # Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> (03 May 2014)
12 > > # Masked for further testing
13 >
14 > Oh, that good old "masked for testing", which actually never works.
15
16 Exactly.
17
18 > If you want testing to be done, you don't mask stuff. Also, no bug
19 > number referenced. All you get is someone's e-mail address.
20
21 So, given a total lack of "testing" by anyone, I might as well just
22 remove the mask, so it can actually be done given that people are
23 wanting the latest Docker release, especially due to the security fixes
24 in it over the one that is currently not masked...
25
26 thanks,
27
28 greg k-h