From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: List/Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] What the hell is going on here?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:06:50
1 Every single QA commit review coming into my Inbox during the past week
2 was directed to arfrever. I *know* he is on probation, I *know* he made
3 mistakes - in fact every one makes mistakes. But you guys are hammering
4 all over him for picky stuff.
5
6 Remind you that while it is a pleasure to be member of Gentoo, we are
7 not your slaves; we chose to spend our free time contributing to Gentoo
8 for several reasons - fun, knowledge and team work. Satisfying somebody
9 else's flavors and wishes is certainly *not* one of them.
10
11 I never had the chance to talk with arfrever, nor I ever looked to his
12 work at Gentoo. But there is one thing I definitely got right, he has a
13 lot of motivation to continue in Gentoo and *offer* his time and
14 knowledge, otherwise he would just raise the middle finger and go away
15 after all of this bashing.
16
17 Best regards,
18 --