From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] manpath trouble
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:31:34
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 05:25:31PM +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 > I notice that /usr/share/misc/man.conf lists /usr/X11R6/share/man, not
3 > /usr/X11R6/man, which makes all X11 man files unreachable lest one
4 > specifices -M on the command line.
5
6 I think that FHS 2.2 specifies /usr/X11R6/share/man as the proper man
7 location, so our problem may be that the xfree package is installing
8 the man pages in the wrong place. In any case, a temporary man -> share/man
9 compatibility symlink should fix things. I can add one to baselayout
10 now. OK, done.
13 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
14 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
15 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.