From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Key mystery, possible solved - subkeys!
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:54:12
1 On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 03:11 -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 12:41:31PM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
3 > > > I know all of these servers are up to date:
4 > > > wwwkeys.pgp.net [all 10 servers]
5 > > > subkeys.pgp.net [all 5 servers]
6 > > > pgp.mit.edu
7 > > > keyserver.kjsl.com
8 > > > the.earth.li
9 > > >
10 > > > The expiry date of my key should be 2008-03-09. If it's older than this, you
11 > > > have an old copy of my key.
12 > > [screenshot of pgp.mit.edu not having my key]
13 > Ah, that explains it. I sign my email with a specific subkey. I use
14 > another subkey for Gentoo ebuild signing. I have a few other subkeys for
15 > other purposes, and using subkeys you can still preserve your identity,
16 > while being able to change the actual key hash you use for doing things.
17 >
18 > pgp.mit.edu doesn't supported subkeys. Only four servers in
19 > wwwkeys.pgp.net rotation are sub-key capable.
20 >
21 > All of subkeys.pgp.net, keyserver.kjsl.com, the.earth.li are sub-key
22 > capable, and behave correctly.
23 >
24 > keyserver.net used to be decent and support subkeys, but they were
25 > bought out by veredis and the service has gone badly downhill.
26 >
27 > I've posted my latest key up here:
28 > http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/robbat2-gnupg-key-with-subkeys.gpg
29 >
30 > Import it, and see if your mail clients still complain.
33 Changed the keyserver fixes it as well - ps, can you specify more than
34 one keyserver line, or more than one server per line ? The manual do
35 not seem to touch that ...
39 Martin Schlemmer
40 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
41 Cape Town, South Africa