From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reliance upon || ( use? ( ) ) behaviour
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:18:26
1 On Freitag, 23. Februar 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Because the solution doesn't generalise. Consider:
3 > || ( a? ( a ) b ) a? ( a2 )
4
5 I didn't imply it to be a solution to the || ( use? ) problem you started the
6 thread with.
7
8 > And because it makes things more rather than less complicated...
9
10 Sure, but either we need to touch the env, change useq() to look up additional
11 information, provided by the package manager or has_version needs to become
12 slot safe - well, it may need to anyways.
15 Carsten