From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] De-stabilizing and re-stabilizing (on amd64 only)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 10:33:55
1 Hi all,
2
3 quite some packages were un-stabilized across the tree recently.
4
5 In general that is in my opinion a good thing if it helps us keep up, in
6 particular where many arches are involved.
7
8 What's the general opinion on re-stabilizing things on *amd64* only?
9
10 I would say that maintaining a larger stable tree is comparatively easy there,
11 since everyone of us devs is running (I guess) an amd64 machine and can
12 stabilize own packages.
13
14 Background, I tried to locally emulate www.g.o using jekyll, and ran into
15 troubles because lots of dev-ruby/* lost stable keywords. Newest ~arch didn't
16 do the job, so I needed to figure out the config of www.g.o (corresponding to
17 former stable) first...
18
19 Cheers,
20 Andreas
23 Andreas K. Hüttel
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 Gentoo Linux developer
26 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)