From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] De-stabilizing and re-stabilizing (on amd64 only)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 10:33:55
Hi all,

quite some packages were un-stabilized across the tree recently.

In general that is in my opinion a good thing if it helps us keep up, in
particular where many arches are involved.

What's the general opinion on re-stabilizing things on *amd64* only?

I would say that maintaining a larger stable tree is comparatively easy there,
since everyone of us devs is running (I guess) an amd64 machine and can
stabilize own packages.

Background, I tried to locally emulate www.g.o using jekyll, and ran into
troubles because lots of dev-ruby/* lost stable keywords. Newest ~arch didn't
do the job, so I needed to figure out the config of www.g.o (corresponding to
former stable) first...

Cheers,
Andreas