From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] mirror stats update (important)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 04:35:44
1 Hola all.
2 The beast mirror stats xml page now lives at
3 http://dev.gentoo.org/distfile-mirroring/failure.xml
4 rather then my devspace. The page will get overhauled to be a bit
5 better looking, and proper xml whenever I get the chance.
6
7 Aside from that, devs- if you have a files that you need kept on the
8 mirrors, despite no ebuild claiming it from the tree (freebsd's files
9 for gentoo-bsd is a perfect example), add the filename to
10 /space/distfiles-whitelist/current , which is a symlink to the current
11 month (2005-04 is the current link fex).
12
13 So... what does the date mean? It means the file will be on the
14 mirrors for 6 months, and then no longer whitelisted. Sorry, no
15 indefinite whitelisting (it'll bloat the mirror). If you have files
16 whitelisted that you don't need on the mirrors anymore, just remove
17 any matching entry from /mnt/distfiles-whitelist/ files, and it'll be
18 removed w/in a week.
19
20 If your 6 month's are almost up, re-add the files to the current
21 month, and you'll have 6 more months. Note, you best have a good
22 reason for doing this, indefinitely whitelisting files _will_ catch my
23 attention :)
24
25 I've added in the freebsd files I knew of for the bsd crew; please
26 follow the format I've used in the file-
27
28 # who added it (eg: who's responsible)
29 # what they're for, when they're expected to be removed
30 file1
31 file2
32 file3
35 If a line doesn't start with #, it's consider a file name. One file
36 per line. After adding an entry to the file, it's your responsibility
37 to ensure the file isn't listed for deletion (eg, check back in 24
38 hours). I'll add a section for "these files are whitelisted" in the
39 next day or so.
40
41 If you have any questions, nows the time to ask.
42 ~brian
43 --
44 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list