From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: RFC: Unifying the behavior of the doc use flag and document it
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:02:08
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 >> ++ I was only thinking of the programmer:user difference, since code docs
3 >> tend to pull in a lot of stuff, where as end-user docs are normally
4 >> supplied in an easier format (eg not dox ;) rebuild-docs as a one-shot
5 >> flag is great.
6 >>
7 >> Would there be a way to control what kind of markup is output (assuming a
8 >> package supports it)? For example, to specify that files should be for
9 >> text-only or graphical browser (where both would be the default.) XeTeX
10 >> -- PS -- PDF is another along those lines.
11 >
12 > I can just feel a USE expansion coming on.
13 >
14 > DOC="none pdf txt man ps html info all rebuild" sounds like just a
15 > bunch for starters.
16 >
17 > Any votees?
18 >
19 Not me, I'm afraid, unless this is the only way to do it.. I agree that they
20 should only apply to single packages, not across the tree. Although, if I'm
21 honest, I don't know what that breaks.
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list