From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-commits list lives!
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 21:01:58
1 On 9/8/07, Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o> wrote:
2 > "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>:
3 >
4 > > After much toiling, Infra has finally got the commits list active.
5 >
6 > Kudos to you all!
7 >
8 > What we now need is the installation of some kind of peer review. For
9 > example add to the recruitment guide a recommendation to watch the
10 > recruitee one mentored on the commits mailing list.
11 > All other commits should be reviewed. Arch work is normally
12 > done in a team and all teams watch each other, so that works quite
13 > good, as keywords are done wrong far too often.
14 > Any ideas about an efficient way to establish such a process?
17 Can we see how often the list gets used first? Maybe things will
18 improve in the next bit of time and we don't need any extra formal
19 process. I have no problem adding to the guide that mentors should
20 watch mentees commits (that is technically already required even
21 though many do not). I'd rather have a bunch of people pointing out
22 problems on commits in an ad-hoc manner than have 'All Commits
23 Reviewed(TM)' ;)
24
25 -Alec
26 --