From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: gentoo sync based unified deps proposal
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 06:58:05
1 On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012, Matt Turner wrote:
3 >
4 >> From the other thread ("example conversion of gentoo-x86 current
5 >> deps to unified dependencies"):
6 >
7 > [Sorry, I've missed this one in the other thread, so replying here.]
8 >
9 >>> 4) It is not exherbo's DEPENDENCIES. Meaning it is not label based.
10 >>> Meaning you do not need to knee-jerk attack it because of some
11 >>> notion it's ciaran based/related.
12 >
13 > What kind of reasoning is this? Does it mean that the syntax was
14 > deliberately changed to make it different from exherbo's?
15 >
16 > We should accept (or reject) things based on their technical merits,
17 > not because of ad-hominem or "not invented here" arguments.
18 >
19 > Ulrich
22 Brian was mocking how so many people reject anything Ciaran proposes
23 out of hand. He actually discussed the reasoning why he doesn't
24 actually like labels in another thread.