From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 00:39:20
1 On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 09:41 +1000, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 03:15:34 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des
4 >
5 > While my current employer uses such a router, I find that the vpnc client
6 > works "better" in that it does not force me to route all traffic through the
7 > vpn, but allows me to make my own routes. Of course vpnc does not require
8 > binary kernel modules either.
9
10 I know about vpnc, but it doesn't support all of the features of the
11 Cisco official client. Also, the Cisco VPN Client does *not* use binary
12 kernel modules. The *client* is binary, the modules are source-based.
13 Also, there's a patch in Bugzilla to add local LAN access support to the
14 client, even if it is denied on the server side. I haven't decided if I
15 am going to add the patch or not, since it does allow the client to
16 perform actions that could violate a company's security policy. Of
17 course, if someone else were maintaining it, it would be their decision
18 to make.
21 Chris Gianelloni
22 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
23 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
24 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
25 Gentoo Foundation