From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: base-system@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] forthcoming app-admin/sudo-1.9.0 - time to place your feature requests now!
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 18:43:36
1 Hi list,
2
3 sudo-1.9.0 is around the corner. Right now 1.9.0_rc2 is available and
4 provides new python bindings as well as a sudo_logsrvd. If you are
5 interested in the latter feature, add
6
7 =app-admin/sudo-1.9.0_rc* **
8
9 to your /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords and give the release
10 candidate a try. Unfortunately due to lack of time I haven't added an
11 openrc init script for the logsrvd to the package left alone the python
12 support because that requires messing with our huge python eclasses
13 which I always feel overwhelmed in using them. So for now I've disabled
14 building of python bindings in the rc ebuild but I'd love to see
15 patches for adding thorough python support through our python
16 eclass(es) to the ebuild.
17 I'd also appreciate if people could provide openrc init scripts for the
18 logsrvd as well as systemd unit files.
19
20 Having a brand new feature release soon to come, this is also the
21 perfect time for users to request possibly missing features for our
22 sudo ebuild. So if you think the new version could also benefit from
23 some feature our current sudo ebuilds don't have, feel free to speak up
24 now.
25
26 Thanks
27 Lars (Gentoo base-system team lead)
30 Lars Wendler
31 Gentoo package maintainer
32 GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93 9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39