From: Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, patrick@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:21:31
1 Hi again,
2
3 I found the time to work a little more on euscan:
4
5 - Git tree: http://git.iksaif.net/?p=euscan.git
6 - Demo web interface: http://xf.iksaif.net/dev/.euscan/web/
7
8 To feed the web interface, I created a quick&dirty euscan-update. It
9 currently depends on eix-0.22.5 and gentoolkit-0.3.0.
10
11 I launched a full portage scan yesterday, and as you can see on web
12 interface, it seems to work. You can browse by category, herd, and
13 maintainer.
14 The scan is not finished yet (currently scanning net-misc) and keep in
15 mind that euscan doesn't support mirror:// urls (although, it would be
16 easy to support some of them).
17
18 But there is still a lot to do to make something useful with that, and
19 I said before, I don't have a lot of time allocated to that project,
20 so any help would be great.
21
22 Quick TODO and ideas:
23 euscan:
24 - clean euscan and add options parsing capabilities, with tons of options
25 - support mirror:// (when possible)
26 - fix known bugs (see BUGS)
27
28 euscan-update:
29 - clean
30 - optimize and parallelize
31 - remove gentoolkit dependency, handle overlays, handle cumulative scans
32
33 web interface:
34 - display all kind of informations (metadatas, keywords, etc...)
35 - create charts and statistics
36 - mark/report false positives
37 - display euscan-update status
38 - display last euscan output message
39 - show when euscan can/cannot guess upstream version for a given package
40
41 misc:
42 - automatic bug report
43 - automatic email report for maintainer/herds