From: Silvio Fonseca <silvio.linux@×××××××.br>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage Configurator
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:58:15
1 I'm planning on do a Portage Configurator (I know it's already easy to
2 configure I'm just trying to do it in a more 'friendly' way). So, there's a
3 few questions that I have :-)
4 1) I can do this? Since you're the developers I think I should ask first :-)
5 2) Which are the valid values in USE flag?
6 3) Where are the USE flag defined? (/etc/make.globals & /etc/make.conf ? If
7 it's set on the globals and unset at conf which is going to be valid? I know
8 this question is pretty basic, but I need to be sure...)
9 4) How I know which USE values are counted on a specific package? (e.g. How I
10 know if the presence of 'alsa' (or '-alsa') will change esd ./configure?)
11
12 That's pretty much for now :-)
13
14 I'll be glad to hear any comments about...
15
16 Silvio Fonseca