From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] stacking profile.bashrc?
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 08:49:08
1 (seems the first mail was dropped somewhere, sorry when doubled)
2
3 Hi,
4
5 I'm facing this problem in Prefix on AIX, although it is a generic
6 problem IMO:
7
8 We do have post_src_install() hook in profiles/prefix/profile.bashrc to
9 drop charset.alias for packages != libiconv, required for non-glibc
10 platforms.
11
12 In profiles/prefix/aix/profiles.bashrc, there is another
13 post_src_install() hook with some aix specific hacks, required for
14 portage to allow for merging shared libraries there.
15
16 The problem now is that the latter post_src_install() overrides the
17 former, and I get collisions on charset.alias as the former is not
18 executed.
19
20 Is this a portage bug (each of them should be executed)?
21 Or is there some defined way to handle this I just was unable to find?
22
23 Thank you!
24 /haubi/
25 --