From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Going against co-maintainer's wishes (ref. bug 412697)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 21:39:07
1 On 5/25/13 6:48 PM, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2 > On Sun, 26 May 2013 00:14:36 +0800
3 > Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I'm taking this from https://bugs.gentoo.org/412697 to the dev mailing
6 >> list, since this discussion doesn't really belong on bugzilla.
7
8 Seems that *upstream* had to a bit of work in order to support the
9 various bits of systemd (not just the simple unit apparently)
10
11 I can understand there is some hurry so somebody could gloat "and even
12 Gentoo/Sabayon supports systemd", yet I wouldn't *rush* things and I
13 would consider getting something sorted out sanely for everybody.
14
15 I doubt I would be treated that nicely if I start spamming all the
16 upstreams about supporting runit and demand they to maintain those init
17 rules.
18
19 We can be kind with difficult upstreams but just up to a point.
20