From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:20:10
1 On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:34:14 -0500
2 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 00:20 +0200, Christian Hartmann wrote:
5 >
6 > > To host patches, docs etc. Just like every other devs/staff guy does
7 > > atm. (Sure. toucan isn't meant to be a download server and we're
8 > > aware of this fact.)
9 >
10 > Patches to our phpbb should only fall under 2-3 people and means
11 > moderators != forum admins. And those folks should be closely tied to
12 > the infra folks. So please tell me again what patches/docs they would
13 > have as moderators? My vote would be no shell access to moderators, I
14 > simply don't see the point of adding that into our infra. I do however
15 > see the need for having an alias for email contact. If they want to do
16 > more than moderate, thats their will and can take the ebuild quiz for
17 > that or can discuss that with recruiters.
18
19 Well, as long as we use toucan for voting they need shell access (not
20 now, but when they become foundation members in a year).
21
22 Marius
27 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
28 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.