From: Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.keywords intended behavior?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:55:16
1 Mike Frysinger (vapier@g.o) scribbled:
2 > On Tuesday 25 May 2004 08:22 am, Jason Cooper wrote:
3 > > So the question, is this the expected behavior of package.keywords?
4 > > Should dependencies of a listed package inherit it's keyword?
5 >
6 > i really cant comment on what you did but the answer is no.
7 > if you have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="" in make.conf and you set up one package in
8 > package.keywords with ~x86, then only that package should be merged unstable
9 > -mike
10
11 I think there error occurs when the user explicitly emerges a package
12 in package.keywords .
13
14 For example, mythfrontend is listed ~x86 in package.keywords . If I do
15 'emerge -uDv world', only mythfrontend will be emerged ~x86, even if
16 there are several packages being merged to meet mythfrontend's
17 requirements (they are merged normally). However, if I 'emerge -v
18 mythfrontend' and it had six dependencies, all the dependencies are
19 emerged ~x86. This is not what I expected to happen.
20
21 Maybe I assumed the wrong thing, but it doesn't appear consistent to me.
22
23 Cooper.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list