From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [pre-GLEP] User and group management via dedicated packages
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 17:41:18
1 On Wed, 2019-05-29 at 09:28 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Here's a reiteration (or well, rewrite) of mjo's earlier work [1]. I've
5 > made it into more GLEP-ish form, removed inline code samples which
6 > belong in implementation part and did some changes.
7 >
8 > The main change from the earlier proposal is that we are extremely
9 > careful not to break stuff. Packages only create users/groups if they
10 > don't exist, they do not modify existing accounts. Users and groups are
11 > not removed at all. The text included below.
14 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Mjo/GLEP:User_packages
17 FTR, I've placed my initial code in [1]. It's neither complete, nor
18 final design. I have to address a number of old bugs for user.eclass
19 first.
20
21 [1] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/12129
24 Best regards,