From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Trying to use Python3.9 as default for my laptop
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 21:40:06
1 On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 5:34 PM Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 5:01 PM Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
4 > <alexxy@g.o> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Hi!
7 > >
8 > > Recently i give a try for python 3.9 as default for my work laptop. So i
9 > > created a list of packages that laks python3_9 flag in pytargets
10 > >
11 > > media-gfx/fontforge
12 >
13 > Last I checked, the tests fail with newer versions of python. Please
14 > do not add new python implementations to this (or any) package without
15 > running the tests first.
16
17 Hmm, I guess my head was stuck in 2018, when someone added python3.6
18 to fontforge without testing it. It looks like python3.9 works fine.