From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stabilization of new-style Apache
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:23:22
1 On Saturday 24 September 2005 15:23, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > 24.9.2005, 16:14:41, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 08 September 2005 03:48, Michael Stewart (vericgar) wrote:
4 > >> - A new gentoo-webroot that will eventually provide a gentoo-themed
5 > >> icon-set, error documents, and default website. This has been put in
6 > >> it's own package, and includes a USE-flag to not install the
7 > >> gentoo-webroot into /var/www/localhost - useful if you put your own
8 > >> website there.
9 > >
10 > > It's unfortunate that the apache herd decided to enable this by default -
11 > > because you have no right to. We had a few treads about branding - and
12 > > the outcome was always that the majority of devs was against any sort of
13 > > it.
14 > >
15 > > Probably something the council should decide about.
16 >
17 > I don't care about branding, but the no-htdocs thing makes me grumble,
18 > really. Those flags are evil. :(
19
20 I really do think it should be a htdocs flag or something similar - you turn
21 it on if you actually want it. It certainly shouldn't overwrite a users
22 index.html by default.
23 --
24 Gentoo Linux Developer
25 Scientific Applications | AMD64 | KDE | net-proxy