From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stable Staleness (mostly toolchain)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:29:29
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2
3 > I'm not sure if I'm misreading here, I'm not advocating we dump older
4 > gcc versions. Moreso I'm advocating we dump code that doesn't compile
5 > with newer gcc/toolchain versions that no one is willing to fix. We
6 > have had devs in the past bring in far too many packages and then just
7 > leave, so half of them get picked up by other devs, and the other half
8 > sit there and rot. Mostly once again, maintainer-needed packages :0
9
10 Sorry, for some reason I reversed the entire meaning of your message to refer to
11 packages that build with the current toolchain but not an older one. I blame
12 the hangover and the strangely persuasive goat people.
13
14 Right now I'm in the middle (well, okay, maybe first quarter) of getting
15 everything in stable working with GCC-4.1.1. If (when) I encounter anything
16 that makes me run away arms flailing in horror I will be happy to CC
17 tree-cleaners (misery loves company) ;).
18
19 --de.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list