From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devfs.conf LOOKUP....MODLOAD sound additions
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:11:52
1 On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 19:28, Tod M. Neidt wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I think it would be a good idea to add a couple LOOKUP lines to the
5 > sound section of devfs.conf
6 >
7 > For the reason why see
8 > http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-user/2002-February/003913.html
9 >
10 > I propose add the following additions to the ALSA/OSS stuff section of
11 > devfs.conf
12 >
13 > LOOKUP dsp MODLOAD
14 > LOOKUP mixer MODLOAD
15 > LOOKUP midi MODLOAD
16 >
17 > These additions ensure that "old" oss sound apps will start without
18 > error. There might be others that would be a good idea.
19 >
20 > As I am not comfortable dicking around in CVS with this type of system
21 > stuff (basically anything higher in the filesystem than /usr :), I would
22 > appreciate if a Gentoo System Team developer would take a look at it.
25 Ok ;)
26
27 > Thanks,
28 >