From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Global Useflag: wlan
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:55:11
1 On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 03:05:29PM +0100, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
2 > I thought there were more packages mentioned in the two threads before, but i
3 > couldn't find any ;) Still I think it should be made global since it is an
4 > important features and maybe some packages start to adopt it once it is
5 > created.
6
7 You shouldn't create global use flags as long as there aren't multiple
8 packages using it. I don't know if it's written hard on stone anywhere, but
9 I thought that, once several (i.e. more than 1) package uses a USE flag, it
10 should be made global.
11
12 Wkr,
13 Sven Vermeulen