From: Benedikt Morbach <benedikt.morbach@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: lzma tarball usage
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 15:03:00
1 Hi,
2 I sent this to -dev to, but I think as an ordinary user I can't write there...
3
4 On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
5 > I'd be happy if some other unpacker is used than lzma-utils - one that
6 > does not depend on libstdc++ - I'm sure it can be done, heck it's done
7 > in integrated form in some other projects in less than a couple
8 > kilobytes of code for the unpacking from a VFS. Meanwhile please
9 > consider using the upstream provided .tar.gz tarballs instead and not
10 > roll patchsets in .lzma just cause you can.
11
12 tar-1.20 has lzma support, so maybe it could handle this too, once it
13 goes into stable.
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list