From: wackman <domlau@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] More Portage problems
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:15:41
1 OK, I'm a little further along with portage.
2
3 Daniel, you were right. My problem was the old ebuild lying around in
4 /usr/sbin. I removed it and the newer ebuild took over. Then I had a
5 problem with wget. I didn't have in on my system and I couldn't ebuild
6 it (because it needed wget to get wget). I just downloaded the source,
7 compiled and installed. Then ebuild worked like a charm.
8
9 I have since been merging ebuilds left and right. By the way, iblibio
10 seems to be down for me. Many things are failing. The only ones that
11 aren't are the things that have their own major ftp sites (like the
12 gnome stuff).
13
14 Well, I was starting on ebuilding gnome 1.4. I tried ORBit which
15 downloaded, compiled and merge just fine. Then at the end it mentioned
16 something about the digest being rebuilt. It is implying there is a
17 digest I need to ebuild, but I can't find it. Any ideas?
18
19 I love ebuild. other than the iblibio and the digest, thins are going great.
20
21 Thanks for all of your help.
22
23 Dominic