From: Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] */*: Mask Py2 only packages
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 12:07:54
1 On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 12:58:20AM -0400, Aaron Bauman wrote:
2 > > # Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> (2020-06-20)
3 > > # Py2 only
4 > > # Removal in 14 days
5 > > dev-util/uftrace
6
7 This is a function tracer written in C. I don't know why it's on this
8 list. If a package has only optional support for python like this,
9 just drop python support rather than the whole package, please. In this
10 case it's just a matter of adding --without-libpython to the call to econf.
11
12 In any case, the release notes for the latest version says that it now does
13 support python3, even though the configuration for python3 seems a bit broken
14 after I've had a look at it. I will take it and fix nevertheless.
15
16 Cheers,
17 -Guilherme