From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Recommend cronie instead of vixie-cron in handbook?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 22:15:57
1 Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On 12/10/2013 09:18 PM, Paul B. Henson wrote:
4 >>> I'd say go one step further and get rid of vixie-cron completely, is
5 >>> there anything it does that cronie can't do as well or better?
6 >> Is cronie a drop-in replacement, or do I have to do some thinking when
7 >> replacing vixie-cron?
8 >>
9 > It should be a drop-in. The only change to make would be to remove
10 > vixie-cron and add cronie to the default runlevel.
14 I switched my system and that is all I had to do. I think "drop-in" is
15 a good term. ;-)
16
17 Dale
18
22 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!