From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: carlo@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 00:29:13
1 Carsten Lohrke said:
2 > As Donnie said: package.mask'ed ebuilds most likely result either in
3 > less bug reports or more users whining about broken stuff, because a
4 > lot of them would unmask nearly everything then. When becoming a dev I
5 > was told, that an ebuild can/should be marked stable thirty days after
6 > the last known bug is fixed. Does every arch team member adhere this
7 > rule and look at bugs.g., if there is an open bug report left and if
8 > the last ebuild change is from a month ago, before declaring an ebuild
9 > stable on xyz?
10
11 Part of the problem is the difficulty of knowing you've found all bugs
12 related to a given package. Since we have no bugzilla category for each
13 package, this relies on each bug having a useful and relevant summary
14 containing the package name. That simply isn't the case right now.
15
16 Donnie
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list