From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/acl
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 17:57:02
1 On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:26:27 +0100 Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | We have a fair number of packages in the tree (57 someone said, but a
4 | non-trivial number) which depend upon sys-apps/acl for ACL support.
5 | Since the packages needed for this differ between platforms
6 | (sys-apps/acl is for linux only), if noone has any reasonable
7 | objections I will be adding a (new-style) virtual/acl for these
8 | packages sometime in the next week or so.
9
10 Good. This'll move the icky deps to one place rather than all over the
11 tree, at least.
12
13 As an aside, and not directed at spb... Would be nice if in the future
14 this kind of discussion were done *before* packages start to be changed
15 in weird and wonderful ways. It's generally considered bad manners to
16 start screwing around with other people's packages without asking...
17 Plus there's the whole "learn from past mistakes" issue.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm