From: Mark Bainter <mark-gt@×××××.org>
To: Owen Stampflee <owens@××××××××.ca>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Hey SEXY!
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:54:58
1 Owen Stampflee [owens@××××××××.ca] wrote:
2 >
3 > > Anyone considered closing the list to non-subscribed posts? This spam
4 > > is getting pretty annoying :(
5 > It has been discussed but many people have objections because it makes the
6 > list more 'closed' and requires extra steps for a newbie to ask
7
8 Hrm. This being the dev list, I don't see why the newbie issue is a
9 problem. In addition, if a newbie does not wish to subscribe, there
10 are always the forums and IRC. Forums require registration, and IRC
11 requires at least a minimum of effort, why not mailing lists?
12
13 Is subscribing to a list really so much to ask?
14
15 > questions. Another problem is that many people have multiple accounts
16 > which causes more problems.
17
18 I have multiple accounts, and requiring subscription doesn't
19 cause me any problems. What exactly are you referring to here?