From: Rolf Eike Beer <eike@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywordreqs and slacking arch teams
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 20:32:25
> - Allowed a simple "Add keyword(s) <y..> for package <x>" interface, > that intelligently created an issue and a target list, and then once > the list was built, constantly ensured the list to be valid, or > determined automatically when sub-work was completed and reducing the > published list automatically, and then responded to potential issues > based on changes in git, ( as opposed to being only triggered when > the bug was touched )
As someone who does both keywordings and stabilizations regularly on hppa and sparc I think I must share a bit of my experiences: -some arches are regularly forgotten to be CC'ed, which happens for the above arches quite regularly as they are exp -if I need to do a bug at a later point when I want to newly stabilize a given package for a new arch it is extremely helpful if - the package list was not reduced on a later point because parts were already handled - arch specifications for packages are reduced to the absolute need, i.e. especially not given if the arch list would match the initial CC list I use tatt for my work, and that automatically sorts out all packages that have non-matching package list. Sure, there could be improvements for several things in tatt, but that is IMHO absolutely right the way it is. So if you give all arches and I later decide to do the same bug on an additional arch then it will not do a single package. So if you want my work easier, then -don't forget to CC exp arches -don't clean the package list only because packages are already done -let tatt run on your dev box, or preferably in a new chroot yourself, on your package, and fix all the broken dependencies and stuff there yourself. Your amd64 laptop is still way faster than my crowded C8000, and doing a roundtrip through the bugtracker until you find time to fix it will just make you think of "slacking arch teams" next time. Thanks, Eike