From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge update overwrites /etc
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:58:07
1 On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:51:54AM -0700, R Joseph Wright wrote:
2
3 > I knew there had to be something like that, but I just didn't find it.
4 > I still like the idea of using something like mergemaster :).
5
6 We will have mergemaster-like support for 1.0. For now, you can scan
7 /etc for all files that begin with "._cfg" and manually compare and merge
8 these into your working set of config files. The only directory for which
9 this is not necessary is /etc/env.d, where Portage automatically overwrites
10 things so that gcc upgrades work.
11
12 Best Regards,
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>