From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Best way to create a GLEP 63 compliant GPG key on Nitrocard?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 14:01:37
1 On 2019-04-24 13:41, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > What is the recommended way to create an on-card key?
4
5 I haven't got my NitroKey yet but between the specifications (which say
6 NK2 can hold up to 3 private RSA keys) and my prior experience with
7 OpenPGP smartcards (which have always had at most one slot each assigned
8 to authentication, encryption and signing), chances are pretty high you
9 cannot have two separate signing keys in hardware. If so, your best bet
10 is probably to generate the primary key in software (preferably with
11 usage bits stripped down so that it can ONLY be used for signing keys),
12 generate hardware subkeys associated with it, then stash the private
13 primary key away somewhere.
16 MS