From: Taras <taras.glek@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Grub with nice graphics
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:49:44
1 On 23 Aug 2001 00:25:58 +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 > On a related note, we really want a nice setup for our
3 > window managers, login handlers, etc.
4 >
5 > We should perhaps setup a nice Gentoo theme for GNOME, KDE, etc
6 > as they are installed.
7 >
8 > Alternatively, at least make a kde-gentoo-theme package.
9 >
10 > Ooh, and we want a nice setup program for Gentoo.
11 >
12 > Ooh, and a nice installer
13 >
14 > Ooh, and a the docs on the web should be integrated in a nice
15 > and easily accessible help system available on the desktop.
16 >
17 > Ooh, and a graphical package management program.
18 >
19 > Ooh, and much more time for all the developers to work on Gentoo
20 >
21 > Ooh, and world peace.
22 I think the biggest improvement to gui stuff in gentoo would be
23 borrowing debian's menu systems. They got a unified menu system for all
24 managers included in debian. I think almost every x app has an entry
25 there. Mandrake and Connectiva already borrowed it, it would be nice if
26 gentoo would too.
29 > Can you fix this sometime during this week, Hallski ?
32 > Regards,
33 >
34 > Karl T
37 > gentoo-dev mailing list