From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] network sandbox challenge
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 00:48:32
1 Hi Michael,
2
3 Thank you for pointing that out.
4
5 My use case was about my personal overlay that is not mirrored by Gentoo
6 infrastructure.
7
8 My question started with the network sandbox issue when we need to load
9 external code dependencies. For example, a go project will download all
10 dependencies from git repositories that will happen after src_unpack. In
11 this case I need to add an additional tar.gz with that code along with
12 the software release tar.gz.
13 That additional tar.gz needs to be stored somewhere and as I understand
14 local mirror could be the right place.
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 Samuel