From: vOiD <void@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 04:35:16
1 So, Achim and other developers - enjoy your vacation - you deserve it!
2
3 :-*
4
5 ----- Original Message -----
6 From: "Daniel Robbins" <drobbins@g.o>
7 To: <gentoo-announce@g.o>; <gentoo-dev@g.o>
8 Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 9:16 PM
9 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
12 > Hi All,
13 >
14 > Well, Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is around the corner, but first... we need a
15 > vacation. :)
16 >
17 > Achim has been working really hard on our Portage tree, and right now
18 > everything builds perfectly and all known build problems have been fixed
19 for
20 > our ~700 packages (Thanks Achim!). In addition, we now have a prototype
21 boot
22 > CD that actually works. So, we are _very_ close to the Gentoo Linux
23 1.0_rc5
24 > release; everything is falling into place.
25 >
26 > However, Achim is starting a new web company and has a lot of outstanding
27 work
28 > to complete; also, I have quite a few articles to write over here. So, in
29 > order to catch up on our consulting responsibilities, we'll be on
30 "vacation"
31 > from Gentoo Linux development for one week, starting today. We'll resume
32 work
33 > on Gentoo Linux one week from now, on June 18th. Since we have about one
34 week
35 > left of work before Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is ready (mainly boot CD
36 refinements
37 > and package building), you can expect Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 to be released
38 very
39 > close to June 25th. This date should be fairly accurate, since 95% of the
40 > 1.0_rc5 work is already complete and is sitting on CVS, waiting to be
41 built.
42 >
43 > Developers:
44 >
45 > Achim has tagged all the 1.0_rc5 stuff, so you can continue making
46 improvements
47 > to CVS without worry. However, please try to hang out on #gentoo and
48 answer
49 > any gentoo-dev posts about your work (and any other questions, if you
50 can.)
51 >
52 > Best Regards,
53 >