From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] apache.eclass proposed
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 19:45:37
1 On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 06:12:21AM -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > After writing a net-www/ ebuild it seemed apparent to me that we are
3 > going to need an apache.eclass. A quick find in portage reveals quite a
4 > few independent ebuilds all needing the basic functionality that could
5 > be provided by an apache.eclass
6 I agree that having this would be worthwhile, however it has been said
7 higher up before that /home/httpd/htdocs would be where things were
8 installed.
9
10 > syntactically perfect the idea is what matters..
11 > I have attached an apache.eclass that I welcome your input/feedback on.
12 > While it may not be syntactically perfect for the apache2 part its the
13 > idea that we get this out there and start talking about one that
14 > matters.
15 A few problems with this.
16 1. What about people that have both installed? I actually have an open
17 bug for mod_php about this, and I'm trying to decide on a workable
18 solution. Presently I'm leaning towards an enviroment variable
19 'FORCE_APACHE=1|2' that overrides any detection routines, for the
20 special case of people that have both.
21
22 2. All of the functions start misbehaving when you have multiple
23 instances of the User/Group/DocumentRoot configuration directives.
24
25 3. The 'newdepend virtual/glibc sys-apps/gawk sys-apps/grep'
26 is questionable.
27 newdepend is definately correct for the apache install,
28 however the others shouldn't be required at runtime.
31 Robin Hugh Johnson
32 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
33 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
34 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
35 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85