From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Plans for a Gentoo/LoongArch port
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 18:14:04
1 On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 12:39:33AM +0800, WANG Xuerui wrote:
2 > I'm planning to take ARCH=loongarch for the port; and support the LP64 ABI
3 > first. I'd like to support both LP64 and ILP32 ABIs, but that's not a
4 > priority.
7 > The ABI flag might be named "ABI_LOONGARCH" but that's IMO a bit long (pun
8 > semi-intended); ARCH=loong and ABI_LOONG might be better, I'm open to
9 > suggestions.
10
11 FWIW, I like loong and ABI_LOONG better, or even better would be to use the
12 string `uname -m` returns for the hardware as ARCH and as the suffix for
13 ABI_.
14
15 William