From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New build tarball
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:03:36
1 Hi devs,
2
3 I just uploaded my latest version of the build system.
4
5 http://www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/gentoo-x86-distro/gentoo-1.0_rc4/packages/
6
7 The progs are dynamical linked and I removed /usr/share/zoneinfo files
8 and all asm kernel headers beside asm-i386.
9 All packages are compiled without nls and installed without info, man
10 and doc stuff.
11 The libraries and headers that come with that tarball are only from gcc
12 or glibc. Stuff like flex comes not with headers and libs.
13
14 The required size now shrinked from 130 mb down to 70 mb. :-)
15
16 If you want nls, add "nls" to USE in /etc/make.conf and install gettext
17 first.
18
19 The default target is i486-pc-linux-gnu. Default C/CXXFLAGS -m486 -O2.
20
21 Ig you want to build for a different target you should compile
22 binutils/gcc/glibc first.
23
24 Additionaly it is good to install texinfo before gcc because the gcc
25 package used in the tarball comes with texinfo and that texinfo stuff
26 whould become unmerged if you merge the new gcc.
27 After that you should remerge flex to get the sometimes required headers
28 and libs.
29
30 Now you should be able to build and test all the packages listed in
31 current-packages.rc4.
32
33 current-packages.build contains all the packages used for that tarball
34
35 achim~