From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A Gentle Reminder
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:38:19
1 On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:22:48 +0100 "Kevin F. Quinn"
2 <kevquinn@g.o> wrote:
3 | Do you object to such packages (specifically with security issues)
4 | being p.masked?
5
6 If it's forcing a downgrade, yes.
7
8 | I'm not sure we should be encouraging people to continue using
9 | packages when we know there are known security issues.
10
11 You assume that being affected by a local denial of service on a system
12 where all users have the root password is more important than using a
13 package that has been verified to work by an arch team member.
16 Ciaran McCreesh
17 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
18 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
19 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/