From: foser <foser@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Installer (2) [LARGE]
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 07:19:34
1 vprada@××××××××××.ve wrote:
2 > As i told you this was my first approach. I think that we need a fast way to multiply the number of "non-technical" users that can use Gentoo, and this was the fastest way that i did find.
5 Not to put you down, but gentoo isn't aimed at non-technical users
6 afaik. Why does every distro want to appeal to as much people as
7 possible ? There's so much about gentoo which could use help in
8 developing, an a fancy installer imo really isn't one of them (i don't
9 see what it adds except in a lot more newbie traffic). Let people just
10 start out with RH/Mandrake, move on to debian or similar and finally
11 make their way to gentoo. By then they have the knowledge to use it and
12 appreciate what it can and does.
13
14 Just my 2 cents (i speak for myself here).
15
16 - foser