From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Meeting on Gentoo Installer
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:54:05
1 All:
2
3 As you may or may not know, a Gentoo installer project has been formed
4 and been working on the design of a flexible installer for both desktop
5 and server.
6
7 The work we've done is up at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/installer/
8
9 Today, we're going to have a meeting in #gentoo-installer (freenode,
10 19:00UTC) that will follow the same format as gentoo meetings. Here's
11 our tentative agenda:
12
13 - Overall design. What's left and what is solid.
14 - Features that will be included and those that will be delayed, at
15 least initially
16 - Publicity - when, how, and why
17 - Initial task assignment for all people involved (coders, design
18 people, advisers, etc.)
19 - Release cycles / coding standards / development methods
20 - Wrap up / check list of resources and who is responsible for them
21 (document maintenance, project page(s), cvs access, mailing lists, etc.)
22 - Regular meetings - frequency, attendance, general topics, format
23
24 We invite everyone to come, but request that you read over the project
25 docs if you'd like to comment / get involved as it will answer at least
26 90% of all questions. We will do a QA session after the meeting in
27 gentoo meetings fashion.
28
29 Regards.
30 --