From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] init.d-scripts don't see stuff from /etc/profile.env
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:11:19
1 I just love replying to myself!
2
3 On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 22:32 +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
4 > #!/bin/sh
5 >
6 > /bin/env -i \
7 > CONSOLETYPE="${CONSOLETYPE}" \
8 > IN_BACKGROUND="${IN_BACKGROUND}" \
9 > IN_HOTPLUG="${IN_HOTPLUG}" \
10 > /lib/rcscripts/sh/runscript.sh $*
11
12 A quick reboot shows we need much more. Here's what works on my system
13
14 /bin/env -i \
15 BOOT="${BOOT}" \
16 CONSOLETYPE="${CONSOLETYPE}" \
17 CRITICAL_SERVICES="${CRITICAL_SERVICES}" \
18 START_CRITICAL="${START_CRITICAL}" \
19 STOP_CRTIICAL="${STOP_CRITICAL}" \
20 OLDSOFTLEVEL="${OLDSOFTLEVEL}" \
21 SOFTLEVEL="${SOFTLEVEL}" \
22 IN_BACKGROUND="${IN_BACKGROUND}" \
23 IN_HOTPLUG="${IN_HOTPLUG}" \
24 /lib/rcscripts/sh/runscript.sh $*
28 > Right away we can see that we actually do need some to keep some env
29 > vars and the list would be constantly updated. There's also nothing to
30 > stop the user from setting them and then running a script which kind of
31 > defeats the purpose here anyway.
32 >
33 > Personally I'm against this.I'd like to know what Azarah and Vapier
34 > think of this though. Others too!
35
36 I think I just added a few more reasons why I don't like this ....
37
38 Roy
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list