From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Future of gentoo's stable and unstable trees: what are your thoughts?
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:51:19
1 On wto, 2017-07-25 at 22:59 +1000, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 07/25/2017 07:22 AM, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
3 > > 2. Q: How to make arch testing faster and easier?
4 > >
5 > > A: - KEYWORDREQ/STABLEREQ bugs not marked as "runtime testing
6 > > required" will be automatically tested and keyworded.
7 > >
8 > > [handwave] automated tinderbox setup would help a lot
9 > > to now upfront what fails to built, fails tests.
10 >
11 > I've had similar thoughts about this and have already been working on
12 > some tooling for this.
13 >
14 > We would need to establish exactly what criteria must be met for an
15 > automated test to be considered as successful.
16 >
17 > Here's a sample report that my tool produces:
18 > https://dev.gentoo.org/~kensington/tinderbox/sys-apps/dbus/dbus-1.6.18-r1/df017e14-bd68-47e2-9738-554e7ba1cf10.html
19 >
20 > In this case, would it be enough that it builds and tests pass? What
21 > about the QA issues? Do we need someone to review them to determine if
22 > they should block stabilisation, or if they're even a regression or not?
25 There are different kinds of QA issues and they have different
26 significance. You can ignore some of them, some others are more
27 important.
28
29 GLEP 65 defines a 'eqatag' function that the checks can use to provide
30 machine-readable results for the checks. You should work with that
31 instead of parsing the verbose messages.
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny