From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@×××.org>
To: Gentoo Developer <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-headers in baselayout
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:11:54
1 On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:41:48AM +0100, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
2 > I have a small problem with linux headers as a dependency in
3 > baselayout. Hmm, I don't know exactly why I encounter it at all:
4 >
5 > Linux headers install /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm.
6 >
7 > A normal developer configuration would be to link
8 > /usr/src/linux/include/linux -> /usr/include/linux and
9 > /usr/src/linux/include/asm -> /usr/include/asm
10
11 Linus Torvalds has said repeatedly that these should match the glibc
12 headers, NOT your current kernel. He justified himself, and others have
13 provided the same and other good reasons not to have those be symlinks.
14
15 For some reason, people refuse to listen.
18 Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@×××.org> A mighty Oak is the result of
19 ^ a nut a nut that held its ground
20
21 Try intercal.
22 You will never hate another programming language again.
23 -- Richard Braakman