From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: williamh@g.o, ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass: systemd-next.eclass
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 21:27:24
1 On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 14:43:14 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > this eclass is an alternative to systemd.eclass, and maintains
5 > full compatibility with it; however, it expands it so that it can query
6 > pkgconfig for the directory paths. It returns the same default paths as
7 > systemd.eclass if there is an error with pkgconfig.
8
9 Alternative? So now developers decide whether they want support systemd
10 A or systemd B? And we fork packages so that users can have matching
11 set of packages?
12
13 If you listened, you would know that the only reason I didn't apply
14 your patches to the eclass was that nothing used them. If you really
15 want to commit your quasi-fork, I will update the eclass. You
16 don't really have to play silly games like this.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny