From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 09:48:48
1 On Friday 05 May 2006 09:20, Bart Braem wrote:
2 > KDE 3.5.2: 1.5 months (I know our devs get prereleases, so we had this
3 > time)
4 Now I think we really explained that well enough, we're working to mark it
5 stable as soon as we can.
6
7 *We don't care if you wanted it stable yesterday, it will be stable when it's
8 ready to go stable.*
9
10 And before people start thinking we got 3.5.2 months before it was released,
11 the prereleases are three days before final release, they are _not_ for
12 testing purposes, they are for binary distributions to prepare packages and
13 for us to prepare ebuild, and a "build & run" kind of test to make sure there
14 are no obvious problems.
15
16 Although modular, KDE 3.5 has to go stable _at once_ and if KMail is totally
17 broken, or has major feature loss (it had), we can't go stable.
18
19 Now, we're going to stable this as soon as it's possible, but making us lose
20 time on this is something you don't want, as that takes time to the bugs
21 resolution.
22
23 If you really want, you use ~arch directly, I'm doing that since I started
24 using Gentoo, and works as a charm for me.
27 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
28 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE